Mittwoch, 25. März 2009

handcream comparison

Since I am running out if my l'occitane shea butter handcream, I got this one by lavera (German organic brand) today. I figured they are quite similar: Both are the same amount (30ml; travel size), both are based on shea butter and both contain almond. So why not compare them?
Photobucket

There's quite a price difference between them. The l'occitane one was 12 or 14 sFr., I'm not sure. But pretty expensive for such a small size. The one by lavera was only 2.50 sFr..
The packaging of the l'occitane one with it's retro look is a little nicer, I think, while tha lavera looks really neutral and clean. One important fact to me is the cab. The l'occitane cream has a small black cab that you have to screw on on the tiny top. So you really have to concentrate. I have dropped this cab so many times on the bus/train and it pissed me off. These are travel size products, they're supposed to be practical, right? The lavera cream has a large click-on cab that is attached. Huge plus.
Now to what you're actually buying, the INCI. They're both pretty thick creams, packed with shea butter. Perfect for the never ending winter. The lavera is certified organic, so it's free of paraffin, parabens and other chemicals. The l'occitane contains a lot of natural ingridients as well, but also paraffin and stuff.
The smell of the l'occitane ist pretty popular, it smells really 'creamy', if you know what I mean... The lavera has a fruity scent, you can smell the almond and the essential oils. In the end it's a
matter of taste.

Here's my summary: (sorry it turned out so small and blurry)

Photobucket
I think I will be repurchasing the one by lavera, simply because they're really similiar but this one is so much cheaper. Hope you enjoyed the little review.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen